Credentials Book Instructions and Compilation Guidelines 2018 – 19 Season
To facilitate the process of approving information for the NY District Tournament/Playdowns and USA Hockey National Tournaments, all qualifying teams will present their information in a THREE RING BINDER, organized with divider tabs; referred to as the team’s credentials book. Individual document protector sheets are discouraged and should not be used. The book shall be arranged in a specific order as outlined in this document.
1. Cover page: created by the team manager: Includes the organization name (this is not the team’s nickname), team playing level, classification, tier designation, season, the name of the head coach and manager’s name, contact info: cell phone and email address.
2. A pre-printed Credentials Verification Sheet (CVS)-report Form 1 – C. This Form should be given to the qualifying team by their club registrar prior to any sectional or playdown tournaments or after January 1st when rosters are frozen for all other teams that do not have a sectional or playdown tournament. The form is available from the organization registrar which is located in the USAH registry tool and lists all the participants and staff approved to the team. This pre-printed sheet is left blank and is to be completed by the official USA Hockey or NY District designee reviewing credentials. This is not to be completed by the team manager or team representative. If the team qualifies for the National Championship an additional blank CVS is to be included in the book for the USAH Registrar to complete. NOTE: It is mandatory that credentials are reviewed again prior to approval to attend a national tournament by Tom Branden and/or Janice Cavaretta. Additional requirements may need to be met prior to attending the National tournament.
3. TAB 1 - Roster form 1 - T and Team History: Include the team's Main roster with all subsequent roster changes (additions or deletes). Note that all rosters MUST BE APPROVED & VALIDATED by a USAH registrar for NY. The Roster does not need to be signed by the players. Nothing should be handwritten on the rosters.
A TEAM HISTORY report showing all fields (date, Change, last name, first name) must be included in the book and placed after the primary roster. The history report is generated by the organization registrar and should be given to the team prior to the credential review since it must reflect all roster changes.
Verification and affirmation that a review of each player’s date of birth and citizenship has been completed by a district or associate registrar. Players are deemed ineligible without verification. The roster will note “V” in the “DOB Verification” column, the verification of birth has been completed for the participant. NO FURTHER PROOF is required. This will also show up on the CVS. Organizations and teams should not collect or keep birth certificates once the verification is done.
Per NY District Rules: It is a NY district mandate that all players 8 and under and those players on a state and national bound team must supply a government issued birth certificate or passport identification page for each rostered player to the USA Hockey registrar for verification and affirmation prior to (or with) roster submittal.
~~ Hospital birth records, religious Baptismal records are not acceptable forms or proof ~~
4. Coaches, staff and Manager: Every coach and staff member must meet the requirements as established by USAH, the NY District and the section the team registers in.
5. SafeSport and Screening:
All coaches and staff are required to submit to a background screening check in the NY district and complete the SafeSport Training Program every two seasons. Coaches and other volunteers in USA Hockey programs that have regular, routine or frequent access to or supervision over youth participants, such as team managers, locker room monitors, chaperones, etc., are required to screen and complete the SafeSport Training prior to such access, participation and roster addition and approval. The USAH Registry grays out those that are not in compliance with SafeSport and does not allow roster placement. There is no participation until screening and the SafeSport training is complete and showing in the registry. This may take a few days to a few weeks to be merged, so plan accordingly.
Safesport and screening are valid for 2 seasons (not 2 years). Those who have screened or taken safesport 2 seasons ago (prior to 4/1/17) will need to screen again and/or take the SafeSport course this 2018-19 season (this is noted in the USAH registry as "expiration 2018-2019"). The USOC host the safesport training for USAH. There are 3 sections in the SafeSport course, and 4 certificates. A person must complete the 3 sections and print/save all 4 certificates. The final certificate notes “SAFESPORT TRAINED”. It takes 24-72 hours to update in the system once compete.
This SafeSport training is mandated for all team staff members including managers and team volunteers. SafeSport Training will appear on the roster with the word “verified” and as a check mark on the CVS for all those that are in compliance. Screening will show on the roster as either Completed or not completed and as a checkmark on the CVS. Those that are showing as “not-completed” must include their background screening receipt showing name, date screened and screening number in the credential book with the roster.
6. Managers and Volunteers must register online
Team Managers and program Volunteers are required to register online with USA Hockey. There is no charge for this registration. This registration does not allow on-ice participation but is a good way for you to be able to have Team Managers and Volunteers in your program. The confirmation number that managers and volunteers receive is required for the background check in NY and the SafeSport video training. After registering with USAH online as a manager, they need to be added to the roster as a manager and are required to have submitted to a background screening check.
7. TAB 2 - Sanctioned game scoresheets:
2018-19 Season, all teams in the NY District, MUST USE THEIR REGISTERING CLUB NAME AND NOT A NICKNAME ON ALL DOCUMENTS, SCORESHEETS, TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION including the NY District tournament and the National Tournament ETC. This includes the following areas: Scoresheet home/away team names, roster/playing lineup labels, penalties, scoring, goals per period tally etc. Non-compliance will result in the game sheet not meeting the standards, will be considered tainted and not used toward the credential requirement
8. FINAL NOTES ON CREDENTIALS
Credentials books for all teams qualifying for the NY District Tournaments must be reviewed by their section representative prior to attending the state tournament. These results are required to be sent to the USAH District Registrar, Tom Branden and/or Janice Cavaretta 10 days prior to the start of the tournament.
Questions on credentials can be directed to Tom or Janice at the email addresses listed.